The last weekend in July we went camping with Rory's good friend from work, Davey, and his family. Davey, being a cowboy at heart, took us into the deep dark jungles of the Cub River in Idaho. We're not sure how he got our trailer down into the place he did, but getting it out was another story. We arrived Friday evening to find our camper all set up and dinner on its way (it was delightful by the way). Saturday we all piled in our SUV and headed for Willow Flats to hike to the waterfall/spring. It was a great hike and the kids didn't even complain once! Saturday afternoon Davey and his wife Lexie saddled up the horses for us and we all got to take a ride. This was the first time Rory could remember riding on a horse. The kids couldn't get enough, Rory on the other hand decided he was a city boy through and through. We played by the river, sang songs by the fire, and got so dirty you could hardly recognize us. Thanks for a fun weekend Lexie, Davey, Emyrie, and sweet Darby!!!
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
We are so jealous. That looks like fun there too. For sure next year we will go when jaxton is old enough. Tell Rory I'm a city boy when it comes to horses. I like something with a motor. Love you guys.
I miss you guys! I definately need to call. That makes three for the city boys. Cayde is scared of horses. Do you remember the horse ride in Garmish? Cayde was scared to get on the back of the wagon and walked about 15 around the side of the horse. It's kind of funny. Well our house is ready when and how do you want to start this party? Love you!
How fun! My only experience my kids have had on horses is during the baby animal days. Looks like you guys had a great time.
We are glad your family had fun with us and are glad you still like us after pulling your trailer into that camping spot. I'm gonna have to get some pictures from you, I didn't get very many. It was a blast hanging out with you guys, and all your kids are adorable. We'll have to get together soon.
That was fun seeing all of you on horses! What a fun experience for you all!
um, tell Rory that I think I have (or at least my mom does) a picture of him sitting on a horse one time in Nephi when I was little and she was still married to Bill but I can't be sure. I might be some strange recollection that I am making up but I will look and ask my mom to look also.
Post a Comment