
With the older 3 kids in school, Kali down for naps, and the weather finally cool enough to turn on the oven, Sabrina and I decided to make cookies. Isn't it funny how a 4 year old can turn any task into so much more. As we were finishing up putting in the wet ingredients she says, "It looks like poop!" Well, that's not exactly how I like to picture my chocolate chip cookies. Then a few minutes after that she announces that we are "Dough Makers". My name was dough maker and her name was dough maker. That's how we addressed each other for about an hour after that. She turned it all into make-believe and all of a sudden we were bakers. Every waking second Sabrina lives for imaginative play. My name can be anything from the latest barbie (Mariposa is our most recent) to someone else in the family (I'm often Sabrina and she's mom). A person can't sit still for a second without Sabrina approaching you with a polly pocket, barbie, or simply an offer to "play house". I just love her love for life. Even this picture captures her constant dialog of the story.
3 comments:
Ya I wouldn't want to think of my cookies as poop either! It's funny what they come up with. You guys must be great dough makers!
What a cutie! I love her braids.
My dad is the bakery manager at Lee's in Smithfield, so my kids love to play bakery like Grandpa. We do it with playdough and mini bread pans/muffin tins.
Also, if you check out my most recent blog post, you can see all the adorable felt food I want to make...that would be fun for playing "bakery" as well.
Okay, that sound messy but so much fun so I might have to do that with the kids tonight... I love how honest little kids are, Sabrina is so cute!
Post a Comment