Friday, August 29, 2008

More Holes In Her Head


Arianna has wanted to pierce her ears for years, she's just been too scared of the pain. We've never pushed her (okay, maybe Miranda has a little), but told her that she could do it whenever she was ready. When school started, we bought Miranda a couple of sets of earrings. They came with a few pink earrings on them. Since the only color Miranda will wear is blue, and the only color Ari will wear is pink, Miranda offered the extra earrings to Arianna. Well this put Ari over the edge - she decided she'd do it. After a few phone calls around town to find a place with two guns that could get it done all at once, we decided to get them done Friday, August 22nd. She was really nervous on the way, and would have turned around and gone home if Miranda and I hadn't forced her to follow through with it. I had the camera with me to take pictures, but between her nerves and mine I forgot. Well she did it! She looked pale as a ghost, and when I asked her after if she was glad she did it she said, "NO". A few days later I asked her the same question. She said she was glad she did it. When I asked her if she'd do it again knowing how it felt and how quickly it was over she said, "NO WAY".
Here she is remembering the pain!

3 comments:

Tina said...

Cute! I love her reaction. Bridget has asked from time to time to get hers pierced already. She's 2! I told her she has to wait until she's in kindergarten, then if she still wants too she can... who knows

Kristen said...

I love her reaction, at least you know that she will have no problem following the prophets council of only having one set of earing holes huh?

Sandra said...

Danika has never asked to get her ears done. Fun pictures, I love that she said NO WAY after going through with it.