Thursday, August 21, 2008

First day of school!


Today's first day of school came with much anticipation. The kids have had the countdown going for about 25 days. Miranda couldn't wait to start. She was so excited for her teacher, Mr. Allen. Arianna was really nervous. She got the teacher that she'd heard the least nice things about. Jacob was just scared. Going all day long, to a teacher he hadn't met(she's new this year), and eating food in the lunch room that he didn't want. (Just as a side note...I was teasing Jake last spring that I didn't think I could make it with him being in school all day. I would miss him too much. Assuming that he'd argue with me on it, I jokingly told him I would just have to come get him around lunch time. So, this fall when I started talking to him about his schedule, he said, "Mom, remember you said you were going to come get me at lunch?" It broke my heart that my sarcasm had led him astray for so long.)

Well, after last night's back-to-school night they were all excited. They left for the bus with big grins on their faces. And thankfully, returned just as happy. Miranda loved her teacher even more than she'd thought. Arianna said her teacher didn't scream once :). And Jacob just loved recess and survived lunch but had lots of fun.

The house was awfully quiet and empty. I just tried to keep busy so as not to notice the quiet or dwell on the fact that they're all growing up. Even Kali asked for the kids during the day. Sabrina was glad they were gone so she could play in their rooms without getting in trouble.

2 comments:

Jordan and Erin Farr said...

What a fun time. Brings back old memories. I'm so glad all the kids enjoyed school. sounds like Jake is going to be quite the ladies mann. Go Jake

Cayde and Brianna Taylor Family said...

I love that you hate it when school starts and the kids are gone. You are an awsome mom! These kids are so lucky to have you. As for the kids. Miranda: That rocks about your teacher. I'm glad you're loving every minute. Ari: Hooray for your teacher not being as bad as you expected and your look fabulous! Jake: Hang in there buddy! Lunch gets better and I agree with recess being the best time ever. Love you all and I am so proud of you! Angie when you get bored and it's a little too quiet around the house I am always willing to through two little boys into the bunch to liven things up. That offer comes with their momma included! Love you all!