Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Family is Forever Day!

Today marked mine and Rory's 14th anniversary. What a great 14 years it has been. At times (especially this week) I want to go back to those days when we were so young and oblivious to the world around us. It was just us for hours on end. We could talk and share and laugh and hold hands in the grocery store. And then I realize what I'd be giving up to have that again. I wouldn't for a second give up the chaos that is our lives now. I love Rory more now than I ever did as an innocent newlywed, and I look forward to that love only growing stronger.

Our anniversary also marks that day that we celebrate our Family is Forever day. Circumstances being as they are this week (I'll explain another time), Rory and I weren't able to really get anytime alone. But somehow everything has been put in perspective and all that really matters is family and the eternal nature of it. So, we dressed the kids up, and after picking Ari up from lessons, we headed over to the Logan temple. The kids love this time. They each have picked a special stone on the temple that is theirs. We have a little lesson, hand out small gifts, and mostly just enjoy the spirit and being together. Then we headed out for dinner. It was a much needed night for my spirit. I love these 6 beautiful people and look forward to an eternity spent with them.







3 comments:

Az Kelms said...

What a wonderful idea to take your kids to the temple and have them find their own rock. I hope that your mom is doing well. She has been in our prayers. We love you all. Congrats on being married for 14 years.

Cayde and Brianna Taylor Family said...

Beautiful!!!! I love you and am praying for you and your mom. Rory is my very most favorite brotherinlaw ever!! I love you

Anonymous said...

Dear Angie and Rory, I am so proud of you and your beautiful family.You take the time to do special things that make eveyone feel so loved and important to your family. Thanks for being such a special part of ours and a wonderful example to us all. Love Mom Farr