Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Carrying on a Christmas Tradition

When I was little, I remember my mom taking me to rest-homes to sing for Christmas. In thinking of ideas to help the kids understand Christmas outside of the presents, I thought it might be a good idea to pass on a tradition. A good friend of mine, Julie Fridal, agreed to add her 4 boys to the performance. It turned out to be such a wonderful thing. The kids were patient through the practices, and willing to share their talents.


Three of the Fridal boys and Miranda played piano pieces (Julie is our piano teacher).
Then the boys sang "Nuttin' For Christmas".
Miranda and Ari sang "When Christmas Comes to Town".

Rory shared the Christmas story and the kids sang a few primary Christmas hymns.


Julie and I ended the story with a Silent Night/Still, Still, Still arrangement.

We finished it off with a sing a-long.
We were able to perform at a retirement home in Logan and the Hyrum senior center. The kids loved it, asked to make it a tradition, and want to add more "gigs" next year! That is a definite yes! Thanks to the Fridal's for their patience through practices and sharing their amazing talents with us.

3 comments:

Az Kelms said...

That is so awesome. I used to take the primary kids and do the same thing down here. They ended up banning kids going in though because this is right in the middle of the RSV season. That is great that you are still able to do that up in Cache Valley.

MJ said...

You guys are amazing! Adding those moments of real understanding is what it's all about! Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

oh my gosh that is so fun and cute! I took care of elderly people for two years before qwest and the smiles on their faces when people like you all came... priceless...