
Those who know Miranda know that she loves reptiles. We've had two lizards at two different times. One died of "natural causes" and the other was "played with" by our cat. Since then we've told Miranda that we couldn't have any other reptiles until the cats (we have two) were gone. That's why I was taken quite by surprise (that's a nice way to put it) when Rory came home with a Salamander that someone from his work decided they no longer wanted. Miranda and the other kids were thrilled, and so we now have another mouth to feed. The salamander is actually an amphibian, so he spends half his time in the water and half out. During the summer the kids have been feeding it worms and grasshoppers. Once the winter hits, I guess Rory will be making stops at Pet Smart for crickets. Miranda has named him/her Jade since we don't know if it's a he or a she. I'm just grateful that the salamander has made our indoor cats become outdoor cats for it's own safety!


No comments:
Post a Comment