Saturday, July 4, 2009

July Fourth Festivities

Our Independence day celebration started Thursday, July 2nd with the Hyrum City fireworks. We watched the skies all day due to a lot of dark rain clouds, but thankfully we were able to watch the show. We are able just to cross the street and sit on our neighbors yard and have a great view. The kids loved them! Kali asked the next day to see them again. I guess you can't give your kids everything they ask for!
On July 3rd, Rory took the kids up to the fireworks that are in the USU stadium. They were joined by Uncle Blaine and Aunt Necha. They said the pre-show was great. And due to the wind, they had ashes raining on them during the actual fireworks. They got home about midnight. I stayed home with Grandma Mann (who is visiting Utah for the summer) and Sabrina and Kali. It was too late of a night for us girls! I worked on July 4th dresses for the girls (which they've refused to wear since - they're not pink) and Mom kept me company.
July 4th started bright and early for me. I decided the day before to run the 15K Freedom Run. I started to wonder what I was thinking about mile 3, but I made it through all 9.3 miles and lived to tell about it! After coming home and getting everyone ready we headed to the Hyrum Parade. This becomes just a good way to get free candy for the kids. I'm not sure they could even tell you what was in the parade, but they love it! Here is where I actually had the camera.
WAITING FOR THE PARADE TO START

WE LOVE GRANDMA'S STORIES
JAKE WAS LOOKING TO GET SQUIRTED...

THEY GLADLY OBLIGED

MY CUTE TWEEN

JAKE WILL EAT SPIDERS, BUT NOT PIZZA OR SPAGHETTI

BRING ON THE CANDY!

Then July 5th we were able to enjoy a nice BBQ with Blaine, Necha, and Grandma Mann. Our kids are deprived because we do our own fireworks show in the light of the evening instead of waiting until 10 pm when it actually turns dark. But after this long, busy weekend we were more than ready for a good nights sleep.

No comments: