Wednesday, June 11, 2008

If you can't join 'em, make your own fun!


We got a call from Miranda and Arianna's piano teacher a couple of weeks. Apparently she didn't want to have a recital this spring. No, I wasn't happy with the decision. Yes, we will be looking for someone else. The girls had been working on their songs since after Christmas. They were disappointed, so I promised them we'd have our own recital.
The same week was Jacob's kindergarten graduation. The night before, at about midnight, he started throwing up. It lasted until about the time his program would have finished. He was SO disappointed, as were the rest of us. All of a sudden our piano recital turned into a talent night. Last Sunday we all dressed up and the kids shared their talents. Arianna played the piano and did one of her TaVaci songs, Miranda played her songs and shared her art pictures, Jacob sang all of the songs from his graduation, Sabrina sang and danced (her own choreography), and Kali shared her best versions of itsy-bitsy spider and 3 little monkeys jumping on the bed. It was a fun night with talented kids!

7 comments:

Cayde and Brianna Taylor Family said...

I think you guys should go on the road. I'd pay big bucks to see that kind of talent. What a fun night!

Jai said...

Angie, your kids are so cute. I haven't seen the little ones and I remeber Jake as being in nursery. Wow time flys. I'm glad we can keep track of each other this way. Anyway, I jumped on the bandwagon and felt it was best to not display our last name on our blog, so if you would change our blog address to tjkat.blogspot.com that would be great. (It is the same except that we dropped the last name!) Thanks, Jai

Sandra said...

I love the new layout, very cute! How did you do it? You always have the best family pictures!

jakeanddeana said...

WHat a great idea! Maybe it was a blessing in disguise for it to work out the way it did! Got my scentsy order a couple of days ago! LOVE it! Thanks!

Kristi Rowley said...

Hey Angie!
So yes I am blog hopping when I am supposed to be preparing my Relief Society lesson for today and look who I found. I know you told me the address once, but I'm not good at remembering unless I write it down. I love your family picture. Your family is so awesome. Thank you for always bailing me out when I need help and for being a listening ear. I am so glad that we were able to live this close to you guys again. (Sorry if you feel differently, but I do appreciate you and your friendship.)
On a little different note, we video taped the kindergarten graduation. Would you like a copy of it?

Adams Clan said...

What a good looking family, your kids are so cute and talented. I like your background on your blog too.

Trina said...

Angie, I like Kristi have been blog hopping and found you through the Westwood's blog. It is so good to see your cute family. I love the family pictures and am glad to see you are doing well. We have moved to Minnesota so I finally started our own blog and it is fun to keep up with everyone. You are such a great mom to turn something negative into a positive for your kids. I'm sure they don't fully appreciate it now, but someday they will. :)