Jacob had two wonderful kindergarten teachers. He started the year with Mrs. Allgood. She left around Christmas time due to cancer and the treatments that go along with it. What an amazing lady she is. Ms. L. (her name was even a challenge for me to pronounce) took over after that. She was lots of fun. We happened to catch them both on the day after school cleaning the classroom. He sure had fun. I'm not sure that I'm ready for him to be in school all day next year! I jokingly told him that I might just come pick him up after lunch because I'll miss him too much. I thought he'd fight the idea, but I later heard him bragging to someone that he wouldn't have to stay all day. Maybe I'd better be more careful about what I say!
Arianna had a wonderful time in second grade with Ms. Yeates. She was so kind. I've never seen anyone give more homework. Ari would have 3 or 4 worksheets and night, plus reading. But she was a trooper and seldom complained. Arianna loved math and reading this year. She said she's scared for 3rd grade because this is the year when you have to square dance - with a boy!!! (Of course, it's not until the following spring that this occurs.) I love that she loves school.
What a blessing Mrs. Alexander turned out to be. When I was told that Miranda was going to be in a 4th/5th grade split class I had a lot of misgivings. They were all put to rest when I met her great teacher. Mrs. Alexander had such a wonderful perspective and was so excited about something that could have been completely overwhelming. Her theme for the class was "We are all part of a community of friends, my teacher, my classmates, and me. We are all part of a community of friends, a caring and safe place to be." Miranda is just relieved that she'll be able to see her teacher again next year. She's also really excited to be the oldest in the school.
Sabrina also had a great preschool teacher. Mrs. Paskett was very patient as Sabrina learned the rules of the school. With Sabrina being the youngest in the class, she was very patient with her and excited about her advancement in learning. We're glad we still have her next year. (I'm not sure where their picture went, I'll keep looking and add it later.)
Thank goodness for wonderful teachers and schools!
1 comment:
The kids look so great! It always puts your heart at ease when you're comfortable with the person who will take care of your baby for a few hours. And yes Miranda, Ari and Jacob, you are still your mom's Baby :)!
Post a Comment