Sunday, May 9, 2010

Five Reasons to Celebrate Mother's Day

To My Beautiful Children,

I find it impossible to describe in words the ways I love each of you. Merely putting my feelings on a blog or writing them down makes that love feel trite because of my inability to describe the depth to which you fill my heart. As each of you were born I worried that I'd have less love for the others, but what I found was not that my heart was to be compartmentalized into pieces, but was given the ability to stretch, expand, and grow with each set of blue eyes that joined our family.

I look forward to the day that each of you hold your own babies. I pray that I will be there to look in your eyes when you finally begin to understand the love I have for you and the eternal gift you have given me by calling me "mom".

Love,

Mom


No comments: