This is just a reminder to me to NEVER get so behind on my blogging. As a family we really use this as our family history/journal/scrapbook. Falling a month and a half behind just snowballed into an entire day spent at the computer playing catch up. In my defense, May was the busiest month I have had in a long time. I used to complain that December was hard, but it has nothing on May. The kids have so many end of the year type activities. They're wonderful, but juggling schedules became even more of a trick. I think the thing that really did me in was adding yard work to my already full "to-do" list.
When we moved into our house we fell in love with the beautiful yard. Having come from my last home that had one un-successful little garden and one small shade covered flowerbed, my understanding of what it would take to make the Garden of Eden that we'd moved into actually live and thrive was, to put it mildly, underestimated. Lets just say between my black thumb (I can kill a marigold) and the weeds, our oasis has turned into the lone and dreary world. My goal for this spring was to bring it back to some of its natural beauty. Putting a big sandbox in one of the flowerbeds, and a swimming pool in the garden area helped tremendously, but it's still taken more time than I had anticipated. My hope is to some day enjoy yard work. This is the yard to teach me, and maybe someday when the kids are all grown and I'm not trying to pick the toys and clothes up that seem to make it to the floor as I clean a different room, I will enjoy conquering the noxious weeds that overtake my poor petunias.
On top of that I've made five dresses, refinished our fire-pit benches and our bedroom dresser. So that's my excuse for not having commented on everyone elses blogs, though I've enjoyed them all! I just haven't gotten to the computer like I'd like to. It just took all day and 14 posts to play catch up. Hopefully I've learned my lesson!
Friday, June 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sounds like you had some fun and some trials this spring. Good to know you're still kicking. My poor kids have not had a fun couple of weeks due to moving. When mom and dad are stressed about packing and unpacking, end of school parties get dumped. Anyway I'll blog soon...after I clear more boxes out of the way.
Sounds like you guys have had a fun spring! Your kids are so talented! I am so impressed to see all of their abilities -- good to have you back in the blogosphere!
Thanks for keeping an eye on those hooded men! Don't tell Jim, but I paid them to come get the furniture so I could get new!!! Ha Ha!
I'm already missing the neighborhood. I know I need to give it some more time.
Angie! How great to hear from you! You look great and I would say the same to you, your children are so cute! I am so glad to be in touch with you as well. I love blogs and keeping in touch--I will definitely be checking yours occasionally as well! :) FB is an amazing network! But I think I still like blogs better.
Post a Comment