When we looked at the calendar and realized that Rory had taken off all the same days the kids had off for Spring Break, we knew we had to take advantage of it. We wanted to go camping, but assumed since we still have snow in the mountains that all the campgrounds would be closed. We found a KOA in Salt Lake and decided we'd be tourists for the weekend! We took our trailer down to Salt Lake on Thursday. We were all so excited just to be able to get away. I'm sorry for the amount of posts. Hopefully we can keep them somewhat concise!
After we got our trailer set up we took off to hit our appointment at the Sweet's Candy Factory. They do a free 40 min. tour there. They hold your cameras so I wasn't able to take pictures. But this was definitely one of the highlights of our weekend. After putting on our "candy maker hats" (and attractive blue hair-net), we were taken through each of the steps of making the candy. They even gave samples along the way. And we each got a small bag of candy at the end!
After we got our trailer set up we took off to hit our appointment at the Sweet's Candy Factory. They do a free 40 min. tour there. They hold your cameras so I wasn't able to take pictures. But this was definitely one of the highlights of our weekend. After putting on our "candy maker hats" (and attractive blue hair-net), we were taken through each of the steps of making the candy. They even gave samples along the way. And we each got a small bag of candy at the end!
From there we went into Salt Lake to the Clark Planetarium. We looked around the displays then went into a 3-D movie "Under the Sea". This was our first experience in a 3-D movie. The kids had a blast with it. It was almost just as much fun watching them reaching out in front of them as it was watching the actual show. The little girls insisted the fish were eating their toes.
Perhaps Ari has a future as a Weather Forecaster!



They posed themselves like this. What a bunch of silly geese!

4 comments:
Cute pictures. That looks like fun. Were did you get your trailer? Kevin and I have been thinking about buying something. Ohh free samples...I need to go there :) We took our kids to the Treehouse museum for Spring Break. They had fun...I'm not sure it was as much fun for us as the little ones kept us running.
Wow. It looks like it was tons of fun. I think we need to go on a vacation to SLC. I haven't been to a lot of those places.
What a fun break!!!! I like the picture with them posing --- so much personality :)!!!
I am glad to see and read all of the fun things that we can do in Salt Lake! We hardly ever spend time there, but next time we come to Utah, I am going to have to talk Jake into stopping and doing ome of the fun things! It looks like you had a great Spring Break!
Your post about Sabrina! So cute! We will be keeping her in our prayers -- I am sure everything will go fine. . but still, it is so nervewracking!
Post a Comment