Monday, March 30, 2009

Happy, Happy Birthday, Rory Dear!

Yesterday we celebrated Rory's 37th birthday. In honor of his birthday, I thought I'd tell you a few things that you may or may not know about Rory.
  • Rory was a surprise baby to his family. His mom's OBGYN suggested that she end the pregnancy due to her age. His closest sibling is 14 years older.
  • Rory only likes creamy pies. He doesn't like any kind of fruits or chunks in them.
  • Rory loved the '80's. The music, the clothes, the hair...
  • Rory scored a 31 on his ACT. He's super smart.
  • Rory LOVES riddles. He can usually solve them and seems surprised when his wife (who didn't score a 31 on her ACT) can't.
  • Rory loves board games. It was something that he grew up doing, and continues to love to do with his kids.
  • While the rest of us might find it boring, Rory loves watching golf. The only thing he loves more than watching it is playing. He's dying with all of this snow!
At dinner yesterday we all listed what we loved about Rory. I asked the kids to think of something besides, "He's crazy or silly" because I knew that that's one of the things they love most about him. Here are the responses:
Ari: "He works really hard, and leaves the house everyday to bring us money."
Miranda: "He helps me memorize things, do my homework, and work on special projects at school."
Sabrina: "I love him because he's my Daddy."
Jacob: "He almost always will play games or basketball with me when I ask him too. He's fun."
Kali: (Me: "Kali, do you love Daddy?) "Yes." (Me: "What else do you love about Daddy") (singing) "Brush your teeth, brush your teeth, brush your teeth, brush your teeth, brush your teeeeeeettthhh". (Perhaps she didn't get the question.)
I love you Rory! You're my best friend, and I'm grateful for every year you bless us with your love. You're a wonderful father, and hard worker, and the perfect eternal companion for me.

5 comments:

Jordan and Erin Farr said...

Happy Birthday Rory!!! We hope that you had a great day. We missed you all yesterday and hope to see you soon.

Sandra said...

Happy Birthday Rory. Man there are so many posting birthday blogs. March and April are great months for babies I guess. I totally like love the 80's too, what an awesome radical time he he. I'm serious though, I really like the music from the 80's.

Cayde and Brianna Taylor Family said...

Happy Birthday Rory!! What I love about you is that you are such a great father and husband. I still remember the first time you came to our door. Another time that sticks out to me was when Angie and I were singing a duet in the piano room (when we had the piano room) and you told me that I was all grown up and not a little kid anymore. :) Thanks for being so much fun and so easy to talk too. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect favorite brother-in-law for my most favorite sister!!! Happy Birthday!

Az Kelms said...

Happy Birthday Rory...hope that it was a wonderful day!

Kathy said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Rory!!!! WOW, you're pretty old, huh?!?! :)