For the last week Kali has gone around singing "I am a Child of God" at the top of her lungs. To say she sings it constantly is an understatement. We went to a movie last week, and as usual, Kali only lasted a matter of minutes on our laps. After that she was exploring the theater, while the rest of us watched the movie. From the front of the small theater I hear my little two-year-old singing at the top of her lungs, "I am a Child of God".
It really is a sweet thing, and has been a wonderful reminder to me as I follow her around all day long cleaning her messes and keeping her out of trouble. She truly is a beautiful Child of our Heavenly Father. It was this gentle reminder that I needed last night as Sabrina came running to me saying, "Mom! Kali colored in the sink". This is what I found...

She also managed to spread her art work to her face, legs (although the other colors are from art work done earlier in the day), arms, belly, and as I entered the bathroom she was working on her teeth!


As a side note, the song "I am a child of God" has been the first song that all five of my children have learned to sing. And it hasn't necessarily been because I was teaching it to them -gotta love nursery! I always thought that Heavenly Father wanted them to remember this most important message, but through the last couple of weeks I've realized that the reminder is to us as their parents to remember that they are children of God and that through all that they challenge us with we still have to be "kind and dear"!

5 comments:
I feel your pain of wandering around and constantly cleaning up messes. I too have to remind myself that they are Sons of God and that they are exploring and figuring out the world. Good luck! Hopefully it was a washable marker. Those Mr. Clean erasers are wonderful if you haven't already discovered them!
At mom's Kali was singing at the kids table in the kitchen all by her self. I just sat and listened. It was so sweet. Good luck this those markers...Thank heavens for washable. :)
She is a doll! I need that reminder every day he he. I love that your taking pictures as she is still drawing on herself ;)
Memories, memories! It really is great that you have all these pictures - maybe they'll come in handy (to many uses to name them all)!
I loved this. Children really do and say the "DARNDEST THINGS". We really do need to step back and keep reminding ourselves that they are "Children of God" and are exploring their surroundings.
I love being able to keep in contact with your family since we are soooo many miles apart. Thank heaven for Blogs, since telephones and cars don't do a better a job of keeping us in touch with each other.
Sending lots of love your way.
Post a Comment