Friday, July 11, 2008

Our Independence Week


The week of July 4th we spent camping at Hyrum Dam. I know, you're thinking, "Don't they live in Hyrum? Don't they live just a few blocks form the reservoir? Isn't that kind of silly?" Well, the answer to all of those is YES! But with gas prices at $4.07 at least we didn't waste any money on gas!!! It was actually nice because the kids were still able to go to all of their camps and classes and I was able to come home and take a shower! We had fun playing on the beach a couple of days. You won't be surprised that our friends, the Lamb family came to camp with us. The kids have so much fun playing together. The Lamb's sister and brother-in-law have a boat, so we were able to go boating on the 4th. We all loved it!!! Thanks to Katie and Jeff for sharing with us! While we weren't able to do fireworks in the state park, but we did catch the Hyrum parade and a few fireworks over the tops of the trees. As we were packing up to go home, Sabrina started crying, saying, "I want to stay here forever and ever!"

5 comments:

Jordan and Erin Farr said...

How fun! Looks like you guys are keeping busy having fun. You are making some fun and unforgetable memories for your kids. Hope to see you all soon!

Sandra said...

Looks like you guys had a great time camping. Smart to stay close with gas prices (Yikes). Our family is heading to Lagoon on Saturday. I'll have to dress them the same too, great way to keep track of them!

Kathy said...

Wow! You've been making great use of your camper!!! It sounds like you're having a blast! I miss you!!! We'll get in touch one of these days...

Kristen said...

It looks like you had so much fun! We would like to get a trailer next year because it is fabulous memories once the kids get older. I love seeing picture of my "cousins" (weird to say that I feel like I am more of an aunt), they are so cute and getting so big!

jakeanddeana said...

How fun to be able to camp so close to home an dbe able to stay cool too!! I wish we could do that too -- looks like you had a good trip -- in answer to your question about my blocks -- yes, they are just blocks of wood, with scrap book paper decopaged on and then vinyl letters. Super fun to make and decorate!