Friday, July 11, 2008

Fun at Lagoon



June 25th and 26th we went to Lagoon. Or "The Lagoon" as some of my kids like to call it. The kids had a blast! Maybe starting Jacob on Lagoons new ride "Wicked" wasn't a good idea for his first roller coaster experience, but they were troopers to try everything. We kind of divided and conquered with Rory taking the older three on the big kid rides, while I took the little two to the safer and much calmer kid section. The big kids loved the tilt-a-whirl, white roller coaster and the tidal wave. Sabrina loved the carousel and Kali just wanted to keep riding. She would scream every time we took her off, until we convinced her there were more rides to ride (she loves that adrenalin rush).

We rode rides until we were completely exhausted and they kicked us out at 10pm. Then we camped in Lagoon's campground. The next day we "bounced back" and started our day at Lagoona Beach. We didn't get any pictures since we were just trying to keep all the kids from drowning, but the kids had a blast! You'll also notice from the pictures that we're all dressed the same. I know, it's kind of nerdy, but there was no loosing kids when they were dressed in bright green and orange. Yes, we drew more attention than I had expected, but just for the ease of keeping track of the 7 of us I'd do it again. By the second evening we were all way past tired. The temperatures had been in the mid to high 90's, so we were glad to be heading home. Thanks to the Lamb's for putting up with us for 2 days and for helping with the kids, it wouldn't have been the same without you!

1 comment:

Kristi Rowley said...

Sounds fun! I do like the idea of the same colored T-shirts. It's so much easier to keep track of the kids.