
March 29th Rory celebrated his 36th birthday. While this gives me an entire month and a half to tease him about being old, it also gives me the chance to share how much I love this Mann in my life.
Rory has been working so hard at work lately. He's doing incredible things with his team and recently wrote an Excel program that has been incorporated company wide! Wow! His brilliant mind never ceases to amaze me (how many people do you know that can solve the Rubix cube?). How fortunate I was to marry a walking calculator since I don't seem to be able to add higher than my fingers can count.
Rory is an amazing father. The kids feel that the world revolves around him, and rightly so. Tickle torture and Settlers of Cattan are some of their favorite things to do. He melts at the sight of his youngest running to him to welcome him home.
Rory has always loved anything sports. Ask him a sports stat and he could probably tell you from before he was born, the record of any team. He has recently found a love for golf. He loves to learn from the pros on TV and apply it on the golf course.
Some things you may not know about Rory are... He likes carmel (specifically in Cadbury eggs), making big breakfasts on Saturdays, riddles, Harry Potter, steak and grilled shrimp from Sizzler, and listening to talk radio. He doesn't like chunky pies, disorganization, slow drivers in the left lane, liberals, and his knees being touched.
Most of all, I found in Rory, the true meaning of unconditional love. How grateful I am that he loves me no matter what I do (or don't do), no matter my weight ;), and no matter my views on things. What a blessing he is to me and our family. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HONEY (I wrote that in caps so you wouldn't have to use your bifocals to read that line)!!!
1 comment:
Wow 36. Happy Birthday
Post a Comment