Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Chess isn't just for nerds anymore!


I'm not usually one for product endorsement, but we've found an amazing game. One of our favorite things to do as a family is sit around the kitchen table and play games together. So, in searching for new games for us for Christmas I came across "No Stress Chess". Rory grew up playing chess, and I've told him he should try and teach the kids. "No Stress Chess" took care of it for us. This game is so great at teaching the game that even I have learned (I know, it's hard to believe). So, now we are chess nerds. We play it on the board, we play it on the computer, we even had a family tournament. Rory is the one to beat, but none of us girls even stand a chance against Jacob's emerging strategic skill. You can find it on Amazon for $14.95 - it's well worth every penny!

3 comments:

Tina said...

Sounds interesting. Dave loves chess too - we haven't played much though. I'd be interested to hear more about this no-stress version though. Bridget is probably still a bit young, but maybe in a couple of years. Have you ever tried 4 way chess? I don't know if that is what it is officially called. Its fun though, a bit hard, but fun!

Jai said...

Angie, I am so glad I found a link to your blog from Sandra's. It has been awhile since I had ran into you. I'm glad to see that all is well. Jamie

Sandra said...

Where are you girl! You haven't posted for awhile. I keep checking to see an update.