I've put off positing this because I wanted to think of something creative to write, but it's just not coming. Our cat Sammy died today. When I was in college I took a class called Death and Dying. In it we learned that pets can help children learn to deal with death. Well, now that I'm a mother of 5 and a little more seasoned, I say -- that's bunk! It was still just as hard. We sat together and shared stories of Sammy. He was such a naughty little cat it was easy. He was always into something he shouldn't be. But he was wonderful with the kids. Our babies would crawl right over him and he'd never complain. The kids would carry him around, dress him up, stuff him in the mailbox and he never complained. Rory would put him in the shower or throw him out in the snow for naughty behavior, but Sammy was always right there the minute Rory laid down at night to knead on his stomach. He lived at least 21 of his 7 lives and he did it with flair. Thanks for being so good for our children and for giving us such great memories! We love you, Sammy!
Monday, November 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment