
Could Christmas be any better with 5 Santa believers in our home? This is what Christmas is all about. The kids have been counting down Christmas for about 45 days. By Christmas Eve day they could hardly stay in their skin. Sabrina said,"When is that Christmas guy coming?" Needless to say, not a lot of sleeping went on the night of the 24th. The older 3 were anxiously listening for the jingle of Santa's bells, but Sabrina on the other hand hadn't quite caught the magic (Santa had visited her at preschool - she didn't want anything to do with him). Here is a little of our conversation as I was tucking her into bed.
Mom: "Go right to sleep tonight so Santa can come and leave you presents"
Sabrina: "Santa's coming to our house?"
Mom: "Yes!" (I'm excited that she gets it)
Sabrina: "Mom" (she says in a scared voice) "Don't let him come in my room"
Mom: "He won't let you see him, he'll stay downstairs."
Sabrina: (still scared)"Don't let him go on the stairs".
Mom: (losing hope that she's excited) "I promise, he'll just stay downstairs and leave the presents down there."
Sabrina: "Mom, you sleep by me tonight?"
In spite of the anticipation and the fear, the jolly old man left plenty to keep us busy over Christmas break. How grateful I am for the time we get to spend together over the next week. And I'm even more grateful for the believers in my life that keep me believing too.
No comments:
Post a Comment