Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Cast-away Party!!!


I guess I should have mentioned that Jacob broke his arm before I told about getting the cast off, but what's done is done. September 6th Jacob was jumping on the trampoline with the scouts. They were taking turns doing tricks. Jacob attempted a front flip. Miranda said she heard a crack, but I took him to a neighbors house for a second opinion before taking him into the insta-care. I guess it's a good thing they suggested going. Jacob ended up breaking both the ulna and the radius. It turned out to be a bigger thing than we imagined including surgery to re-adjust the bones and a long arm cast. In the 10 weeks that he had the casts he had a glow in the dark, orange (for Halloween), and black (to match his Darth Vader) costume. When he first broke it and was told that it would be until Thanksgiving that it would be taken off, it seemed like forever. But this last Thursday we were able to get it off. We had a little cast-away party to celebrate. He is now down to a splint that he'll get off in 4 weeks. We're curious to see how this will affect his writing in the future. He writes and eats with his left hand now (he was right handed before). Now we have to make the decision whether or not to keep the trampoline. Two broken bones in two years is getting expensive!!!

No comments: